Saturday, April 9, 2016

Donation Quilt


This quilt was actually finished during Lent as part of my Lental promise/sacrifice.  It's to be donated to children's advocacy.  It's a simple quilt with a butterfly quilting pattern to match the butterflies in the black, blue, and yellow patterned fabric  It's bright and colorful and I hope some child loves it.

I actually haven't done much quilting lately.  I'm half diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and probably getting the full diagnosis at my appointment on Monday.  The x-ray and MRI has confirmed arthritis, but I hadn't noticed any psoriasis outbreaks, but I've had three since my last appointment and the current outbreak covers both my lids, which is grossly uncomfortable.  My mother has psoriatic arthritis and it apparently has a large genetic component so this will likely complete the diagnosis.  I'm actually looking forward to the diagnosis because my mom says that the medication specific to psoriatic arthitis that is not used for the other types will make a big difference in how much pain and discomfort I have.

I have finished a cute long sleeved shirt that Kate has agreed to model tomorrow so I'll be posting after pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of low-dose naltrexone? My husband has psoriasis and using LDN keeps his under control. I know that's different than what you have, but I thought I'd mention it in case it might be helpful. More info: http://www.ldnscience.org/

    ReplyDelete