Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The nerdlet's birthday party

I think this is the first year where I could just go on and on about how thankful I am for my FIL.  Besides the photography, he fixed my computer and retrieved most of the pictures from the last two years and managed to salvage the computer in the process.  He also took beautiful pictures of the nerdlet's birthday party this Saturday.  Yesterday, I was diagnosed with strep throat and today was a big running event that the nerdlet and the bear cub were going to run in and he went and took pictures of the girls for us.  I haven't yet seen his pictures, but I know they are going to be amazing.

I am also grateful for my MIL throwing birthday parties for my girls.  Neither Q nor I would throw parties for the girls without her pitching in to do this for them so often.  It is even harder on her because it seems there are some difficult family dynamics that come into play with every gathering.  Here are some of the wonderful pics from the party.

The nerdlet

The bear cub and Darth Monkey

The bear cub

 The nerdlet swinging a balloon in a contraption she made.

 The altered birthday cake.  They made a super boring cake and we had to spice it up.


My oh-so-cute mom and me.

I didn't post pics that included anyone not family because I didn't ask anyone's permission.  It was a great day and there are too many things to be thankful for about it to list.

2 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant and your girls are just beautiful. I love the cake. Sprogzilla would have gone ape over the dragon at that age. Hope your throat feels better. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The nerdlet loves dragons and wanted a dragon party, but it is harder to find dragon party stuff than I ever would have thought.

      Delete