Saturday, November 1, 2014

Photography

It's November and my normal Thankful month.  It's been a long time since I've written here and while I have been very busy I have missed this and I have a backlog of pictures I took for tutorials and showing off but I did not get around to posting on.  I may or may not catch up, but at the very least I plan to start posting again.

Today, I am feeling particularly grateful for having a father-in-law that is a master of photography and has shared so much of that with me.  I know a lot of people that take good pictures, but when it comes to the ins and outs of equipment, setting, and other technical knowledge, he is there to help me and answer my questions.  Because of him I can take beautiful pictures completely using manual settings, all the way down to manual focus, that come out wonderfully.  I'm loving this new hobby of mine at which I am slowly, but diligently, increasing my skill.

Here is an example of a picture I took this past week that I love of the nerdlet, the bear cub, and Darth Monkey.
It's not perfect, but what is nice is that I know what I needed to do to make it even better (decrease the aperture opening).  Besides being there to answer my questions and offering me suggestions, he has also provided me with back issues of photography magazines to peruse.  I'm hoping that there will be a noticeable improvement in the pictures that I take here and elsewhere, but even if there isn't, I sure am enjoying the learning of a new skill.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely shot of your girls. It is great to be able to capture special moments in time. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to try to post a pic with all my grateful posts this month, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

      Delete