Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quilt in the works

I've got the quilt bug right now.  It's been a while since I had it, but it's definitely bitten now.  I also am on a batik thing right now so I chose batiks for my quilt, though the background will probably be white.  You likely cannot guess from my fabric choices, but I hope you at least find them pleasing.


All ironed and laid out, ready for me to cut.

The first pieces cut and assembled.  You might be able to guess what I'm making now.

Can you guess from my drawing?  I thought about acquiring a book for it but I had an idea already in my head of how I was going to do it, and so when neither my MIL or the library seemed to have it, I finished the drawing I had already started.
If you didn't guess already, I'm planning on making a broken lone star quilt.

My calculations for how big to make the quilt in total and then how big the pieces were from this.
So the sides of the lone star are going to be 12 inches and then since I had the 7 fabrics picked out, I decided to make the pieces three inches on each side of the diamond.

Now, I just need to find enough time to actually do it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing. i love quilting but it takes so much time to cut everything out. The pattern will be incredible. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sort of have a shortcut, which I'm trying to post about in the next post. It's still pretty time intensive though, esp. if you make a mistake in your assembly line process like I did today.

      Delete