Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Zendala Dare #70

I recently discovered zentangle and I found a site with templates called The Bright Owl.  Apparently each week she posts a template with a dare.  So I decided to make an entry this week.

Here is my entry.

And the original template:

I'm not sure what the normal procedure for getting the template on to your paper, but I'm clearly not using the same technique since I simply printed it out on card stock.  I know that this is not what other people are doing because they do not end up with all the lines on their drawings.  I probably should read through some of the older entries to find out.

I did do another, but the nerdlet wouldn't let me shade it because she said it was perfect the way it is.

9 comments:

  1. Both are baeutiful; the spiral in the first one is a great idea to do as I have not yest seen before.
    People get the template in different ways, but (as far as I know) printing is just fine. I use carbon to transfer it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The carbon makes sense. I tried to freehand one and that was a complete bust. I also considered briefly pulling out the compass and protractor.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimberly, a very neat chois of tangles and color! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly your first one is awesome, great shading, and I like the use of blue. And about tracing the template, I just print the template, and then trace it with a pencil onto my drawing paper. Because that is realy thick, I put them both at my window when the sun is shining, and than the template shines through both the papers, and so I trace the template. I always can erase some lines I don't like, and give the template the look the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That makes sense. A lot of people use window tracing to trace sewing patterns and yet that never occurred to me for this. I'd have to give up the cardstock though.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the Zentangle® challenge world. Both of your zendalas look great. Like the rounding effect you achieved on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a fabulous job - on both of them. However, I do think you are very good at shading and it sure looks wonderful in the first zendala. I use carbon to trace the pattern too, but sometimes I press to hard and it might as well be a printed pattern. I found that using an embossing tool (with the rounded heads) works better for me than a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting! Your design is lovely, and beautifully drawn :)

    ReplyDelete