Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Giant Dahlia Dress

At the beginning of the month I was inspired to make the Giant Dahlia skirt.  This weekend, Q took the girls to visit my mom and I took the time to finish a bunch of UFOs sitting by my machine (though I still have a bunch more).  I finished turning it into a dress and when Q got home with the girls, I had the nerdlet try it on.





 
The top is actually Young Image Y1307 from the Spring/Summer 2013 issue.  I actually bought this at the Barnes & Noble a mile from our house.  I was really surprised that they were carrying Young Image and My Image magazines because they wouldn't even order the Burda or Ottobre magazines for me.  I made a size 104, which might be okay, but because of the tremendous weight of this skirt tends to pull down a lot.  I'm not sure how much this dress will get worn, but I had a lot of fun making it and seeing such a weird idea in my head come to fruition.  Even though it's not her colors and nothing like anything she wore, for some reason it reminds me of Vanellope Von Schweets.

2 comments:

  1. This is my very favorite thing I have seen you make! I absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was a lot of work and I am glad to see it done.

      Delete