Saturday, June 1, 2013

Remake of the non-stretchy T

You know how you have an idea of what you want in your head and it just doesn't work out the way that you want to?  That is how my remake went.  Remember the T shirt that I made for the bear cub that didn't have enough stretch and irritated me?

Well, for a while I've been trying to decide what to do about it.  My first thought was to throw it in the donation box so that maybe someone with an infant could use it.  That is what I should have done, but instead I decided to remake it into this.


It looks okay, but it's nothing like what was in my head and while there is a lot more stretch to the pink insert and that helps with getting it on and off of the girls, in my head it was going to turn out much cuter.  I still sort of like the idea in my head, and I'll probably use this again with other t-shirts that the girls have outgrown and I was thinking I could even add a ruffle or peplum to the bottom if the shirt is also short.  The nerdlet likes it so I guess it is sort of a success.

On the other hand, Q proved once again that he is the best daddy and husband by distracting the girls while I did this.

I made sure to get him signing 'I love you' so that no one would worry that I was going to be a victim of domestic abuse later for posting this on the internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment