Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pre-writing worksheets

I recently read this post on http://pudgeandzippy.blogspot.com/, which is a neat little blog by a mom of two adorable little ones with Down syndrome.  I'm always on the lookout for things that will help my bear cub catch up or stay caught up with her peers and at her most recent ARD meeting, the bear cub's teacher mentioned specifically that we needed to work on her prewriting skills, so I made these worksheets.

It was really simple.  I just took card stock, drew out the lines, and cut them out 1/4 inch for the shape.  Then, I plan on laminating and she can practice her line drawing.  I also plan on making her name and possibly some squiggle/worm like shapes.  The nerdlet generously donated from her stickers to mark the lines.






I think it's a wonderful way to work on pre-writing skills and I imagine Darth Baby will get a lot of use out of them, too (if I can get her to stop just drawing on herself and her sisters).

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I just downloaded the "Handwriting W/O Tears" app for Lily. Her future Kindy teacher told me they use it in class. Lily's a little frustrated by it now, but hopefully she'll catch on.

    ReplyDelete