Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nerdlet's Orange Shirt

I've been focused on long sleeve tops for the bear cub because I can't buy them and the hand-me-downs don't work since her arms are so short. However, I traced two shirts for her that turned out to be way too big and so the nerdlet is getting them. This is Ottobre 04/2011-13. The nerdlet couldn't stop dancing for me to take pictures.


I followed some great tips on my new Brother Coverstitch 2340CV at this sewing blog. It helped me immensely with getting my fabric free from the machine. I still had some issues but this is only the second item I tried and it was well after I normally go to bed.

Here are some close ups of the stitches. I didn't have four orange spools so I used a multicolor quilting thread I had for the looper thread.




One final note. I was so incredibly tempted to bind the collar and sleeves in this gorgeous purple knit I bought, but my mother talked me out of it.

Then, this morning, when I asked the nerdlet to pick out some pants, you'll notice what color she chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment