Friday, September 23, 2011

Summer End Update

Happy Fall!

I love this picture of my girls.

I've been quilting up a storm and am up to 16 quilts done and a quilt top made myself, and I have three more that I plan to quilt today and tomorrow so that I can pick up some more tomorrow afternoon. Unless anyone expresses interest, I'm not really planning on posting more pictures of the donation quilts. I am extremely pleased to know that over 200 quilts have been donated so far.

I've also decided that I'm going to make a mini Giant Dahlia quilt for the 2012 SAQG quilt festival. I'm also planning on entering one of my pieced quilts and possibly a third quilt depending on what I get done. I really need to start attending the quilting guild meetings again. I haven't been to one since I learned I was pregnant with Darth Baby.

I received the September version of the Burda magazine so expect another post soon on that.

The girls are doing well. The nerdlet likes to spend her days crafting and has been a little out of sorts lately, I think because I've been letting her routine slide a bit with my attention to the quilting for the Bastrop fire victims. I do plan on letting up on that soon though, at least a little. The Bear Cub is doing really well with her walking and is working on mastering running and uneven surfaces. Her potty training has good days and bad days. It's frustrating to Q because most of her bad days are weekend days. Darth Baby went from crawling to pulling to a stand to cruising in less than a week. She is currently standing for up to about a second without support and has taken a step and crashed forward immediately, but I think (and hope) that it will be a while until she's walking. She doesn't lack for motivation, but she isn't very balanced or coordinated. I love watching the three of them together as they get along so well. Most of the time, Darth Baby and the Bear Cub are trying to get into something together and the nerdlet is doing her own thing, but when she is interested, her sisters are more than happy to play as a threesome. I wouldn't have thought the harmony they have was even possible.

There are days, like today, when I would love to have an efficiency somewhere else that was immaculately pristine and sound proof as a hideaway where I didn't have to worry about where I stepped or what anyone wanted, but overall I love being a mom and wouldn't change any of it for the world.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Your girls are so cute! And how nice that they get along so well, there is no relationship quite so close as between sisters (or so I've heard, since I only have brothers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly,
    Thank you for your interest on testing my patterns. I already have all the testers I needed for my last pattern but I have added your name to my list of testers for the next patterns coming soon.
    I am specially interested on you testing some sewing patterns for babies that are coming soon. I will contact you when I have them ready and you decide if interested or not :)

    Thank you!

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be the cutest gaggle of girls picture EVER. I hope you got one printed and framed it!

    ReplyDelete