Friday, September 30, 2011

Second Zucchini Recipe - Chocolate Zucchini Cake Brownies

I'm had a hard time with what to call this recipe. It's based on chocolate zucchini muffins, which would be better called cupcakes. I think if you frosted it and called it a cake, no one would really question it. There was one snafu while I was making it in that the nerdlet poured an unknown amount of oil into the batter while I was taking the bear cub to use the bathroom so I had to guess how much more to add when I got back, but they came out tasty so I figure there must be some fudge factor in regards to how much oil to use.


2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 C vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 C sour cream
2 C grated zucchini (about 2 medium peeled)
2-1/2 C flour
1/2 C unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.

In a medium-sized bowl, mix zucchini, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream. MIx dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in wet mixture and blend until batter is smooth.

Pour batter into 9 inch square pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment