Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pattern Crazy

Hancock fabrics has Simplicity patterns for $1.00 this week (ending on Wednesday) and Butterick patters for $1.99. I went crazy and bought a bunch since after reviewing the patterns I have, most have a max size that would require more than just a FBA. I also figured at that price it was really worth it to stock a few, even if I don't use them all. I'm considering selling some of my old patterns on eBay, along with a handful I got from my mom recently (though I don't know how much in demand 80s patterns really are). I've never sold on eBay and apparently they seem to think that I don't know my mother's maiden name so if I can't open my old account, it won't even be an issue.

I'm not going to post all the patterns I bought, but my plan is to first make this one (Butterick 5523) using the gray and black knits my cousin sent me:

In other news, I started a facebook page for my business, Creativity Abounds. My website is kind of a mess and my husband has been bothering me to let him fix it for a long time but for some reason I've been stubborn about it. Now that I no longer have Carpal's Tunnel from pregnancy, I'm hoping to get the business up and running again. It takes such a lot to get going in the quilting business, especially when you look young, and I'm pretty much starting over. I also started an Etsy page under Quitereasonable. I wanted to use my business name, but someone had already taken it. I plan on selling my dragon quilts like this one, but customizing the colors.

The girls seem to be doing better. The bear cub is still recovering, but luckily her appetite has recovered. Q caught it. Apparently you can only be thrown up on so many times before you catch it yourself. So far, Darth Baby and I seem to have escaped the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment