Saturday, March 5, 2011

Zoo visit

Eons ago, I used to babysit a lot. The first newborn I ever watched (A) was the daughter of a good friend of my mom's. She was just two weeks old, and I remember being so nervous about it beforehand and was surprised at how nice it was to watch her. She was such an easy baby. I recently found out that she was living in San Antonio with her own infant and met with her yesterday to take all our girls to the zoo over two decades later. That is a way to definitely make you feel old. Well, maybe it didn't make me feel old but rather cognizant of the fact that I am old.

I brought the two double strollers and we put the nerdlet and the bear cub in one and Darth Baby and her daughter in the other. Even though when we put them in they sat in there normally, they quickly leaned toward each other pressing their heads together. They both seemed slightly fussy before but this seemed to calm them both the whole trip. It was also adorable. I would post a picture, but I didn't ask if that would be okay with A. The two girls don't look alike at all, but they have the same coloring (at least right now while Darth Baby's eyes are still blue and neither one of them has a lot of hair). At one point a lady asked A how old the babies were and when she told them seven and two months, the lady gave her a strange look and you could tell she was sort of trying to figure out how that happened.

I had a lot of fun and we plan on doing it again. We only covered a small portion of the zoo because we didn't want to wait until the girls got irritable to leave, but all three of mine zonked on the way back and when the nerdlet passes out in the car she is really tired.

No pics of Darth Baby because they were all with her new friend.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day out!
    Thank you for your comment, and I hope you do get to bundle your girls up to go to the beach soon!

    ReplyDelete