Sunday, February 6, 2011

Where have you been?

I've been planning sewing projects and finally found some time to actually sew something. After having three babies in very short succession, I am not anywhere the size that I was before my first pregnancy. Even though I'm within 10 pounds of what I was prior to my first pregnancy, I'm actually much larger, especially around my middle. I have spent a lot of time reading various sewing blogs and getting excited about renewing my wardrobe (really, I'm starting from scratch pretty much in a new size).

I decided to subscribe to Burda magazine and got my first issue of the plus size this past week. I was a little intimidated by the fact that all the patterns are laid out on the same sheet of paper.


Because of the fact that I was a little intimidated by it, I decided to start with the easiest pattern in the book, a very simple pair of pants. Simple becomes a lot more complicated with a three-year-old constantly trying to help. The nerdlet put in two pins and was the photographer for the final version.




She's getting better than me at taking pictures. I made the pants out of black cotton eyelet gauze. I really like them, but in full disclosure, I need to adjust the waist band because I didn't stretch it as much as the gauze while sewing the waistband casing and so I need to add an extra piece of casing to each side of the center front, but they are wearable and very comfortable. I'm excited to make more Burda patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Great job!

    I'd be intimidated by that pattern, too. Sheesh! I know people are trying to save printing costs, but geez Louise...all on the same page!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the pattern is ridiculous!!! Pants look GREAT on you...what's next?? heh - Rhonda

    ReplyDelete