Thursday, November 11, 2010

Growing up in the military

I'm a grateful for being a military brat. I have moved over 20 times in my life and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the places that I have had. I have vivid memories of seeing the castles in Germany even though we left Germany when I was six. I enjoyed seeing the ruins and the rainforest in Panama. I am so glad that I got to see so much of America that I would not have otherwise. I also enjoyed being exposed to different cultures and languages. I like that I have had an opportunity to meet so many different people and am continually surprised at how so many people's lives from my past intersect with my own at various times. There are definitely down sides to growing up in the military (we were there during Noriega's coup), but overall it was a wonderful experience for me and I'm thankful that I had it.

1 comment:

  1. Wowwwww! You were living in my country. Panama is a very diverse country and I am glad you experience its diversity. The moments while Noriega was in the power where one of most terrible and hostile moments of the history of my country. But I am glad it is over.

    ReplyDelete