Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tickle, tickle

I'm sorting laundry in the kitchen and I hear the nerdlet's high pitch giggling in the living room. I walk over and lean over the couch to look at what she is doing. She yells, "Tickle, tickle" and wiggles her fingers over the bear cubs back and legs, then starts the hysterical giggling again. The bear cub is smiling really big at her for the attention. It's so incredibly cute.

The two of them have been in such a good mood the last few days playing in the living room together. I keep reading that toddlers are side by side players and don't really know how to play with others at this age, but I have no evidence of that in either of my girls. They seem to not just enjoy each other's company but also to enjoy interacting with each other.

The bear cub is not yet crawling but she is so close. The milestone range for crawling ends at 10 months and I think this may be our first milestone missed. I know that missing milestones are going to happen, even if she had 46 chromosomes, but I was so hoping that the first one would not happen until the walking one. I know more than one ten and eleven month old without Ds that are not yet crawling, but I have to admit, I'm not taking it as well as I thought I would. I've been saying that I'd be happy if she crawled by a year and I'm finding that I lied to myself. We still have a few weeks and it is possible that she will crawl by then, but I'll be a tad surprised if she does. I can tell all the therapy is helping with muscle development, but nothing seems to be helping her put the moves together. She is really, really motivated to crawl after the nerdlet, but she can't seem to get over the wanting to fly there and not get up on her knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment