Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best Book and Movie of 2009

The best book I read in 2009 was Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill. This book was published in Canada under the name The Book of Negroes. I learned about this book from an online friend who happens to be the best book reviewer out there. I don’t always agree with the reviews, but in this case I definitely do, and as she has already written a review of this amazing book, I’m just going to link to her review http://aurillia.livejournal.com/120856.html. I will comment to say that I think the name it was published under in the USA is just as if not more apt than the original. I will definitely be looking for more of Hill’s books in the future.

Now I don't watch as many movies as I read books so you have to take my favorite movie that I've seen with a grain of salt. I usually only watch children's and superhero movies. I always intend to watch more, but I rarely get around to it. I even belong to Netflix, but I joined relatively recently and have mostly watched tv series (I'm about halfway through Charmed).

Of the 13 movies I've seen this year, I'm going to say that my favorite was Up. I found it charming and adorable. Every Pixar movie I see captivates me and this one was no exception. It made me laugh and cry (though I was pretty pregnant when I watched it). It was definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment